Jon Boyce is now a trained Super User and can raise work-orders for road and pavement repairs including potholes, missing kerbstones etc. There are specific rules for what can be raised to Oxfordshire County Council for repair, and this includes: Super Users can raise the following types of works orders (Defects):

  • Pothole repairs
  • Kerbing repairs
  • But not Drainage / Gulley clearing

These work orders can only be raised on unclassified roads with a speed of 30mph or less, footpaths and cycleways. Jon cannot raise work orders on A or B roads or any road with a speed limit above 30mph, so in essence just the roads in Fritwell Village. The specifics of the repairs that can be requested are:

  • Missing, out of position kerb stones,
  • A pothole of minimum size of 40mm deep covering and area of 150mm x 150mm (or in old money – 1 3/4″ Deep, by 6″ wide and 6″ long).
  • Anything significantly larger is considered a Category 1 defect and will be fixed in 2 to 24 hours (depending on scheduling availability).

If any resident sees any potholes or kerbs needing investigating, please contact Jon on 07718 660577 or jon.boyce@